I’m normally the judge in the class, and below are the guidelines for the paper.
Click on the below link for the trial.
https://njsbf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/78744-NJSBF-Mock-Trial-Workbook-WEB.pdf (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER
- The paper must be 5 pages, double-spaced.
- The paper must reference at least 5 cases. The citation format should be like this. Smith vs. Smith, 52 N.J. 12 (1989) ;To establish a prima facie case of discrimination, the plaintiff must show that: (1) he was a member of the protected class; (2) he was qualified for the job in question; (3) the employer took an adverse employment action against him; and (4) the adverse action took place under circumstances giving rise to an inference of discrimination. McDonnell Douglas Corp. v. Green, 411 U.S. 792, 802-04 (1973).(Example). You must also have a works citation page, which lists your cases.
- There will be one point deducted for every wrong citation.
- The font must be Times New Roman 12.
- One point will be deducted for every misspelled word.
- One point will be deducted for each grammatical error.
- The paper is to tell me why the defendant is guilty or innocent, at fault or not at fault.
- If you are normally the Plaintiff, then your paper should be to establish why the Plaintiff should prevail in the matter.
- If you are normally the Defendant, then your paper should be to establish why the Defendant should prevail.
- If you are normally the Judge, then your paper should establish whatever party you deem should prevail.
- You should discuss case law and the facts of the case to establish your position of guilt or innocence.
- Note: If you see a red flag in the top left hand corner, the case may not be good anymore.
- You MUST have a separate page listing your 5 cases. (Works Citation Page)