Need help with my History question – I’m studying for my class.
choose one article only
Historians love to review the works of other historians. Whenever a new history book is written, the historical profession selects experts in particular fields of studies to determine the value and contribution the new work will have on the academic discipline. Upon completion of the course’s reading, each student will be considered an expert and be required to read an academic article and submit a 2-page review (minimum). Students are encouraged to celebrate the author’s accomplishments, but also challenge anything that seems substandard. Style and creativity play a crucial role in the success of your review.
- three pages (minimum)
- 12 point font
- Double spaced
Each paper should include the following:
- The author’s purpose in writing the article
- The author’s main thesis
- The author’s challenging of other historical viewpoints
- The evidence utilized by the author (specifically primary sources)
- Personal likes/dislikes
- How could the author make the work stronger?
- The recommended audience for the article?
- Explain how this article contributes to understanding the history of the United States
- An example of how this article supports/contradicts Eric Foner’s Give Me Liberty
- Suggested reading to accompany this work (not required, but helpful)
full scores requirements
Answers the specific AJA requirements. Incorporates pertinent and detailed information from scholarly work. Maintains focus/avoids being sidetracked by tangents. Presents all information clearly and concisely and in an organized manner. Avoids distracting grammar/spelling/etc. problems.