Can you help me understand this Business question?
Assignment Details (Business Development) 300-350 words
Salary negotiation is a tricky subject. It is a balancing act of wanting a position, wanting to be compensated appropriately for the skills you have and the work you will do, and the worry that if you ask for too much money, you might not be offered the position. In this Discussion Board, address the following:
- How would you respond to the following question from a potential employer: “What kind of salary are you looking for from this position?”
- Describe your thought process and how you would approach this situation.
- Have you been in this situation before? How did you respond?
- How did your response affect the job offer (or lack of an offer) that you received?
Review other students’ posts, evaluate their salary negotiation methods, and address the following in your replies:
- Do you feel that the methods would be effective?
- Have you ever used the suggested methods? If so, how did it work?
- Do you feel that there is a potential risk with the use of this method? What about the potential reward?