Chern’s has never examined its internal labor market. The company asks you to perform a transition analysis for full-time sales associates. It asks you to conduct relevant analyses to describe the internal labor market for its flagship store.
The probabilities listed in table A-5 (located in Additional Resources) are based on annual rates that are averaged over a span of three years. In other words, they are the average rate per year.
Assignment Response, provide a written response to the following:
· Summarize the flagship store’s internal labor market and highlight any trends or forecasted gaps based on the transition probability matrix in Table A-5. To do this, provide a table with calculations followed be an explanation.
· Complete a Transition Probability Matrix
· Anticipated Surpluses
· Anticipated Shortages
· If Chern’s wants to keep its flagship store staffed with 140 full-time sales associates, how many full-time sales associates should it expect to have to hire from outside the company annually?
· Chern’s indicated, traditionally, 25 percent of the store’s job applicants for sales associate positions become job candidates, and 20 percent of the job candidates receive job offers, 75 percent of which are accepted. How many applicants it will need to generate each year to acquire the number of new hires you forecasted?
· Provide your calculations and the final number
Your responses to assignments should be:
· submitted using MS word
· formatted in APA writing style
· title page, body, reference page
· double spaced
· one-inch margins all around
· use third person (recommendations include)
· do not use first person (I recommend or I think)
· essay questions or calculations should be addressed separately and should include separate headings
· use tables if appropriate for calculations
· text should be Times New Roman, black, 12-point font