I need an explanation for this Communications question to help me study.
Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
- Check grammar and spelling before you post.
- You cannot edit or delete your post after you submit it.
- Do not attach your assignment to the thread.
- Do not post a response to your original post with additional information or materials.
Chapter 7: My Artifact After reading the section in Chapter 7 titled “Forms of Nonverbal Communication: Physical Appearance,” reflect on the artifacts you choose to wear and post one thoughtful response to the following questions:
- Describe one particular item(s) that you often wear. What does it tell us about you?
- Is there meaning behind this item? (Use concepts from the section “Physical Appearance” or from other chapters as you answer this question.)
- Has anyone ever asked you about the item?
- Have you ever asked about some ones artifact? What questions did you ask? What did you learn?
Chapter 8: Being Stereotyped After reading Chapter 8, reflect on what you’ve learned about the stereotyping process and post one thoughtful and detailed response to each of the following questions:
- Describe in detail, a situation in which you believe you stereotyped someone negatively.
- With the information you know now, what would you do differently to be more flexible in your stereotypes in the situation?
- What do you think needs to be done to eliminate stereotypes?