Read Leaked Movie Trailer and a Confidentiality Agreement and complete the questions at the end of the case study.
Link to website: https://www.scu.edu/ethics/focus-areas/business-ethics/resources/leaked-movie-trailer/
- 1. Do you think it would be wrong for Luke to share information about coming releases with friends and family? Why or why not?
- 2. What are acceptable and unacceptable requirements of a confidentiality agreement with an employee?
- 3. Was it wrong for Luke’s unknown fellow employee to release the trailer, even if it resulted in increased publicity for the movie?
- 4. What precedent is this situation setting by not investigating the leak?
- 5. What is the harm in a leaked trailer?