Considering Cultural Differences during Research
Linguistic, cultural, and ethnic differences are important considerations when conducting a scientific investigation, particularly because the beliefs and customs of the subject may differ from those of the researcher.
In this week’s assignment, you will research and analyze how these differences could impact research.
Complete the following tasks in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document:
- Select a geographic location to conduct your research. Consider some of the racial, religious, and ethnic populations in or near the location.
- Select one population segment and find a research article relating to each of the following topics:
- What are some of the identifying customs of this population?
- Historically, has this population been involved in other research? Explain.
- Is there evidence that this population was treated unethically in scientific research? Explain.
- Answer the following questions:
- How are their traditions, language, and beliefs similar or different from yours?
- How do you plan to bridge any differences?
- Support your responses with relevant examples.
- Cite and reference all sources in APA format.
- Attach a Turnitin.com Report.