I don’t know how to handle this Writing question and need guidance.
For this assignment, you are to create a preliminary budget for your event using an Excel spreadsheet.
Research your text, Web resources, and all course materials for estimated cost figures. Expenses would include fixed and variable costs.
Note: To avoid major financial losses, income-generating sources will pay for the other 50% of the cost of the event.
- Include in your list all estimated expenses associated with the event.
- List at least 15 different budgeted items.
- Be sure to include all of the pre-event expenses, such as flyers (marketing), entertainment, equipment rental, and so forth.
- The biggest expense may be the food and beverages.
- Include a comprehensive list covering all of these catering expenses.
- There will also be expenses such as security, portable restrooms, sound system rental, portable stage rental, table and chair rental, signage, and banners.
- Calculate the numbers using rational estimations, and keep in mind that 50% has to be covered by your own created income generators (ticket sales, sponsorships, donations, and so on).
- To avoid major financial losses, list a minimum of 5 income-generating sources that will pay for the other 50% of the cost of the event.
- Provide detailed information on the income-generating sources, such as tickets, raffles, T-shirt sales, pre-event fundraisers, financial sponsorships, and so on.
Your assignment should be completed in an Excel spreadsheet and should be between 800–1,000 words.
You must incorporate at least 1 outside resource with proper APA citations. Please cite your resources for any budgeting templates or information used for this assignment.