1.Please watch the following film on women and image in the popular mind. How far have we really come from the Cult of True Womanhood?
2. Please read the chapter “The Intimately Oppressed” from Howard Zinn’s book A People’s History of the United States.
3. From the book Lies My Teacher Told Me, please read Chapter 6, “John Brown and Abraham Lincoln: The Invisibility of Antiracism in American History Textbooks.”
4. Take a look at this clip from the film Birth of a Nation. What do you notice about how the African American Congressmen are portrayed in the film?
(Bear in mind, this film is not meant to be taken as a comedy. It was meant to be taken as an historical reenactment of what actually happened. It was advertised as such.
In reality, it is full of half-truths, misrepresentations and ugly stereotypes.)
5. Please read the chapter, “Slavery Without Submission, Emancipation Without Freedom,” found in Howard Zinn’s book A People’s History.
When thinking about what you have been taught in previous classes, does it in any way match what these readings on slavery and race have revealed to you?
6. Please read chapters 12, “Why is History Taught Like This?” and 13, “What is the Result of Teaching History Like This?” from Loewen’s book, Lies My Teacher Told Me
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post final history assignment appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.