Essays – Please answer two of the following questions in a 2-3 page essay for each of the two. Use MLA formatting with 12 pt Times New Roman Font, 1 inch margins, and only 1 space after periods. Please include a works cited page for each question. [80pts.]
1. How did the New Deal change the role of the national government in Americans’ lives? How did it transform the relationship between the national government and citizens? Cite specific New Deal reforms and past conceptions of government in your answer.
2. Beginning after World War II, the United States and the Soviet Union became increasingly hostile towards one another eventually leading to the Cold War. In class we read three articles in which three prominent diplomatic figures – George Kenan, Henry Wallace, and Nikolai Novikov – all gave their diagnosis of the hostility and how best to handle diplomatic relations between the two superpowers. Which one do you think makes the most convincing argument. Why? Who uses the most concrete data to support his claims? Do you think the Cold War could have been avoided or was it inevitable?
3. 1950s America is normally remembered as a golden decade in American history, where the people enjoyed a new level of prosperity and were able to live in happiness and security with their job and their neighborhoods as shown in popular tv shows like Happy Days. Were the 1950s truly “happy days” for Americans? Why or why not? Consider things happening in the country in the 1950s regarding the economy, race, sex, gender, and the larger anxieties about communism.
4. Lyndon B. Johnson was a one term president did not run for a second term and is now held in contempt for America’s involvement Vietnam. Ronald Reagan was a two-term president who is now considered by the public as one of the best American presidents ever. Why is one so venerated and the other so overlooked? Is this perception fair. Compare and contrast their presidencies, their accomplishments, and their fallacies. Do you think both deserve the praise and contempt each has garnered or are their legacies inappropriate? How would you reshape their legacies if you wrote the history?
5. The 1960s were a time of massive protests and reconceptualization the United States domestically and internationally with civil rights, the Vietnam War, and later issues like women’s rights and homosexual rights. What were some of the biggest social movements of the 1960s and whom participated in them? Did these movements feed into one another, or were they separate from each other? What were their goals, who were some of the key figures, what were their accomplishments and failures?.
use credible sources for each topic you use. the paper needs to be excellent and take care for the plagiarism.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post final paper 208 appeared first on Essay Writers.