1. Create a PDF of your Focus 2 Portfolio and email it with this assignment. If you email me directly, This part of the assignment is worth 50 points. You cannot send me a link to your portfolio! It has to be an attachment.Here is a video with instructions on how to create the PDF (Links to an external site.)
2. Answer the following questions. Do not write an “essay style” paper, number each answer individually. This part of the assignment is work 150 points.
- At this time, what is your intended major and career goal?
- Did you have a major or career goal before you started this class? Did it change?
- What is your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) type?
a. Summarize the most important information you gained about yourself from the MBTI. Do not summarize the meaning of each letter of your type. (For example, don’t write about generic qualities of an Extrovert, tell me what learning about being an Extrovert has taught you about you and your potential career options.)
- What are the results of your Focus 2 Work Interest Inventory (Holland Code/RIASEC)?
a. Summarize the most important information you learned about yourself from the assessment.
a. What are two (2) specific skills you currently have that your career will require?
b. What are two (2) specific skills you will need to improve or develop for this career?
c. How will you develop the skills you will need to improve or develop?
- Education and Training:
a. What major/training/education path must you follow to attain this career? i.e.: certificate, AA/AS degree and/or transfer to a university? Graduate school?
- Overall, what was the most significant thing you learned about yourself from the assessments you took in class?
- How has what you learned about yourself through your self-assessments affected your choice of career and major?
- What do you see as the most difficult obstacle or challenge in achieving your career goal?
a. What strategies will you use to overcome the obstacles?
10. Besides educational goal, what is one short term goal that you will set in order to achieve your career goal (volunteering, internship, finding a mentor, etc.)?
11. Using the SMART method, create one long term goal that you will set in order to achieve your career goals. (25 points)
-“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
As we conclude this course, I want you to move forward with a concrete long-team goal toward your future career. A common goal setting method is the SMART method. Use this worksheet to create a long-term SMART goalfor your final assignment.
This question is worth 25 points of your final.
You do not have to submit a copy of this worksheet, you can type the answers within your assignment.
12. Complete the course feedback survey. All submissions are anonymous.