I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Article one- The unfree speech movement (pp168,169 and 170)
Article two- on freedom of expression and campus speech codes (pp172,173 and 174)
Article three- should neo-nazis be allowed free speech (pp165 and 166)
For three of the articles, and answer the following questions:
- What is the thesis of the article? Is it explicit or implicit?
- Does the author use primarily inductive or deductive reasoning? If the author uses an inductive argument, evaluate its strength. If the author uses a deductive argument, evaluate its soundness.
- Can you recognize any logical fallacies?
- Using an inductive or deductive argument strategy, compose a paragraph or two in which you argue a unique point about free speech as it relates to a social media platform of your choice (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, or other relevant platform). More specifically, in this paragraph (or paragraphs), you should state an arguable claim, defend it with support (evidence: facts, observations, or expert opinion), and end on a conclusive note.
- you could use the following for inspiration: online hate speech, dark comedy, threats of violence, political agenda, fake news, cyberbullying, or anonymity (among others).
- please cite it in a Works Cited page.
- Your paragraph(s) should be at least 300 words long
- MLA format