Due Week 3 and worth 240 points
Imagine that you have applied for the position of Manager of Human Resources at an acute care hospital in your community. The hospital is planning to expand its services to meet the needs of a growing community. As part of the application screening process, you have been asked to write a document that outlines the steps you would take, as the manager of HR, to improve the effectiveness of HRM in this organization.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Analyze two (2) current trends in health care that are affecting human resources management that may likely impact your hiring decision as HR manager. Provide support for your analysis.
- Suggest a significant opportunity for HR to become more of a strategic partner within an organization. Justify your response.
- Recommend a model of human resources management that would be the most appropriate for this organization in question. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Recommend a strategy that HR could implement in order to develop more effective relationships between Human Resources and the organizations managers and senior executives, indicating how each strategy will achieve the desired goal.
- Determine a specific employment law that may affect the hiring and selection process at the acute hospital in your community. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.