200 word minimum no less cite, references apa format
- How an individual deals with conflict reflects on his or her attitude, maturity level, and self-confidence. Explain how you would use the five basic rules when dealing with conflict to handle a conflict that you experience at work. Explain in detail.
- Several different conflict management styles include: forcing conflict management, avoiding conflict management, accommodating conflict management, compromising conflict management, and collaborating conflict management. Explain the difference between each type of management style. Which style do you favor the most? Which one would be most likely associated with an experience you have encountered at work?
- You are returning to your office from lunch, and you pass by the nurses station in the emergency department. You turn to say something to a couple of the nurses there and notice a group of about 15 people gathered around one of the resident physicians and his laptop. When you get a little closer, you notice that there are some graphic photographs of an attempted suicide patient that had come into the ER a couple of weeks before. You know something about the case because you had to bring some forms for the patients family to sign, and you remember that the patient was unconscious when they brought her in and could not have authorized photographs to be taken of her. Is this an example of a breach of patient confidentiality? Why, or Why not? How would you handle this situation? What, if any, laws have been broken in this incidence? Your best answer will include any valid defense that could be raised by the hospital.
- A therapist working in an outpatient surgery center receives a phone call from a woman demanding to know when her (adult) sons appointment is. The therapist obviously cannot disclose this information, and the mother becomes very angry and abusive with the therapist and threatens to make a complaint. After the phone call, the therapist, who has access to all practice patients electronic surgery records, goes to make a note about the conversation on the system. However, the therapist accesses the womans notes accidentally and not her sons. The therapist realizes the mistake, but not before spotting that the woman has a diagnosis of a serious mental health disorder, which might explain the womans behavior. The therapist mentions to his supervisor the possibility of a complaint being brought by the woman, and also mentions that the woman has a history of mental health problems. Do you feel that there has been a breach of confidentiality? Why, or why not? How do you feel the supervisor should handle this situation?
- Outline the pros and cons of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. State your opinion about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and give facts to support this opinion
- Outline the various approaches being discussed concerning the allocation of scarce organs. Which one do you believe to be the most fair? Use facts to defend your choice.
- Conduct an Internet search of whistleblowing cases in the healthcare field. Choose one of these cases and summarize the particulars of the case. Do you feel that the person who blew the whistle was justified in doing so? Why, or why not? Also, do you agree with the outcome of the case? Why, or why not?
Unit V Research Paper APA
Freedom of speech and freedom of the press are two important rights individuals have in the United States. Today, there are so many news outlets featured on the radio, television, cable, and the Internet that are competing for our attention to the degree that some news media emphasize very sensitive and controversial subjects as a means to simply attract an audience. Some individuals criticize this practice as being harmful to society. Yet, others claim it is appropriate to report
this type of speech in such a fashion.
Research the topic, Freedom of the Press, and write a research paper that explains your views on freedom of the press and whether this trend toward reporting sensitive topics does or does not have a negative impact on some work environments.
Make sure that your paper has the following components:
Introduction State your thesis and the purpose of your research paper clearly. What is the chief reason you are writing the paper? State also how you plan to approach your topic. Is this a factual report, a book review, a comparison, or an analysis of a problem? Explain briefly the major points you plan to cover in your paper and why readers should be
interested in your topic.
Body Present your arguments to support your thesis statement. This should be one to three paragraphs in length.
Conclusion Restate or reword your thesis. Summarize your arguments. Explain why you have come to this particular conclusion.
Your paper should be three to five pages in total length, using 12-point double-spaced Times Roman font using APA