I’m studying for my Academic class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Collaborate with a school leader (e.g., principal, assistant principal, dean of students, teacher leader) about their school’s learning environment and how he or she promotes a learning environment that is conducive for students with disabilities.
Your discussion should address the following prompts:
- How does the leader promote an inclusive environment for students of all abilities?
- How does the leader ensure all staff are up‐to‐date in training associated with disabilities on their campus?
- What additional training or support does the administration offer faculty and staff who demonstrate increased need for promoting a learning environment that is conducive for students with disabilities?
- How do you, as a leader, stay up‐to‐date with regulations regarding disabilities for the students on your campus?
- What type of services do you provide on your campus?
- What types of disabilities are present on your campus?
- How do you factor these services into your budget?
- What do you do to promote collaboration between the special education staff to encourage support among all staff members?
Include two original questions to obtain further information about areas of interest you may have.
Use any remaining field experience hours to ask the school leader for examples of tests, test results, and IEPs that you can review, maintaining school/district and GCU confidentiality practices.
In 500 words, summarize and reflect upon your collaborations and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.