I’m trying to study for my Law course and I need some help to understand this question.
1. Read Chapter 1 in the textbook, including “You Decide: Voices of Texas: Immigration in Texas,” and write an essay that addresses the following questions:
- How is the population changing in Texas?
- What are some of the possible political implications of the changing population in Texas?
- After reading the “You Decide” passage, do you agree with Dan Patrick or Julian Castro? Should undocumented immigrants be given a pathway to citizenship or be sent back to their country of origin?
- What are the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to both the U.S. and Texas economies? Consider how illegal immigrants have positively or negatively affected the economy.
- Do you believe compromise is possible on immigration? Are the only two options deportations and amnesty? Is there a third option?
- What role should the state of Texas play in the immigration policy?