I’m studying for my Psychology class and need an explanation.
In a Word document, complete the following activities. Your answers should be detailed and thorough. Each answer should be at least one full paragraph in length.
Part 1: Memory Techniques Flyer
Read Discovery Health’s How to Improve Your Memory While Studying. Then, read Michigan State University’s Study Tips. Read through both documents, as well as your unit readings, and then create a flyer. In your flyer, you will choose three memory techniques that you think work best, and “advertise” them to your fellow students. Why should students use these memory techniques, and how can they use these techniques to study for an exam? In your flyer, you also need to explain the encoding, storage, and retrieval processes and how these processes operate while studying for and taking an exam.
Part 2: Short Term Memory and Forgetting
Next, let’s test your short term memory! First, test your ability to remember a series of letters with this Short Term Memory Test. Once you have completed that, then test your ability to remember a series of pictures with this Short Term Memory Picture Game. After you have completed both activities, then answer the following:
- Describe your results. Was it easier to remember the letters or the pictures? Why?
- Discuss the process of forgetting. Answer the following questions in your response:
- Why did you forget some of the letters and pictures in these activities?
- Why do you forget some of the information that you studied while you are taking an exam?
- Why do you forget some of the information that you learned in your class after the class is over?
- How would you be able to move these items from your short term memory into your long term memory? What would need to happen?
faculty.washington.edu/chudler/stm0.html (short term memory test)
faculty.washington.edu/chudler/puzmatch.html (short term memory picture game)