I’m studying for my Nutrition class and need an explanation.
Imagine you are attending your yearly health risk assessment. When you came to the appointment, you thought you had a proper diet and were of average health. It turns out, the doctor that examines you has a special interest in nutrition. She notices some inconsistencies with what you discuss with her and suggests that you may have a deficiency or toxicity of your selected vitamin or mineral. Your post should include the following information:
- Based upon the vitamin or mineral that you have chosen, what were your doctor’s observations and diagnosis?
- Do you have a toxicity or deficiency? Explain any disorders associated with the deficiency or toxicity.
- Briefly describe what your recommended daily allowance based upon your profile (sex, age, physical status, etc.) should be, your present intake estimate, and your action plan (adjustment in diet, etc.).
- If left untreated, what might be some of the more serious long term and detrimental effects this might have on your body?
- Which special populations (pregnant women, children, etc.) are most affected and why?
- What other prevention, treatment, and safety measures might be beneficial to regulate your health?