Week 3 – Racial Oppression Assignment
Choose one time period and discuss the history of racial/ethnic oppression.
1) Slave trade in Virginia (1600s)
2) Slavery in the United States south (1800s)
3) Chinese railroad workers in US (1868-1924)
4) Trail of tears (1831-1850) Native Americans
5) Small Pox Epidemic Native Americans (1754-1763)
6) Anti-Italian Immigration (1840-1924)
7) Anti-Jewish Immigration (1860 – 1930)
8) Social Darwinism (1880-1944)
9) Anti-German Immigration (1680-1760)
10) 1985 Philadelphia Police Bombing (1985)
11) Anti-Latino Immigration (1840-1936)
12) One of your own choice (must be approved by professor)
Answer the following questions in numerical format (#1-6). 2-3 pages. APA format. 12 Font Times New Roman only.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
1) Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
2) What justifications did the dominant culture use to promote the oppression of the Other?
3) How was science or religion (or both) used to justify the oppression?
4) What attitudes, beliefs and values created the situation that led to the oppression of the Other?
5) In what ways was race or ethnicity used to create the oppression?
6) How did these oppressions influence modern American ideas on race and ethnicity?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Racial Oppression Assignment appeared first on My Nursing Experts.