Recruitment at the Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa Case Study:
The Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa was about to open the first new resort in Atlantic City in 13 years. The 2,000-room casino and resort needed to hire 5,000 employees across hundreds of positions. To find enough high- quality employees, the Borgata engaged in a creative recruitment campaign that restuled in 30,000 well-qualified job applicants.
Option #1: Recruitment Case Study
Read the Recruitment at the Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa Applied Case Study in Chapter 4 of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. In a well-written paper, answer the following questions:
- What factors would affect not only the number of available applicants but also the quality?
- How would an effective leader handle the practical aspects of receiving and screening the 30,000 applicants? Justify your response with the required support as noted in the standards below.
Adhere to the following standards:
- The paper should be two to four pages in length.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed on the Materials link for each week.
- Be sure to follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Support your interpretation with evidence from the book and at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the library.