This benchmark assignment has two parts using 825 words (not including the title page, footnotes, or bibliography), write a two-part assignment addressing the following:
1. Summarize and evaluate the congregational models described in the topic overview and reading materials.
2. Determine which of the congregational models best resembles your specific ministry setting and summarize how you arrived at this conclusion. (Use Congregational Government model because I am Apostolic/Pentecostal)
3. Contrast the major models of the church in light of biblically faithful ecclesiology.
4. Evaluate the overall health of your church or ministry setting by critiquing the model you have chosen. Refer to the topic overview for help in determining which factors are crucial for church health.
Using your faith tradition and your ministry context, describe the basic concepts of gospel contextualization for church health. In your analysis, be sure to answer the following prompts:
1. What is contextualization? What are the strengths and weaknesses of gospel contextualization?
2. How can gospel contextualization prompt revitalization within your congregational model (selected in Part 1) and your specific church setting?
3. Your goal is to provide objective analysis regarding your church’s weakness and to provide substantive solutions that incorporate gospel contextualization for church revitalization.
The book that should be used for a source is Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City written by Timothy Keller using Chapters 1 -5. I also uploaded the overview that has to be used as well.