Week 3 Discussion CIS 336
1. “Agility and Business Process Management (BPM)” Please respond to the following:
· Suppose that an organization did not use processes that were designed and built to be agile, particularly when it comes to IS / IT technologies. Predict the impact of environmental changes on an organization financially, socially, and in terms of survivability.
· A BPM model may help manage and streamline IT processes that are otherwise manually executed. Examine one enterprise manual process (i.e., purchase order approval) and propose two BPM models that would replace the process. Determine the IT resources that you would employ to automate the process (i.e., electronic documents instead of paper documents).
2. The Impact of Crowdsourcing” Please respond to the following:
· Dell’s Ideastorm, Best Buy’s IdeaX, New York city’s Simplicity, and Samuel Adams’ Facebook application to determine the next flavor of beer are a few of the examples that use crowdsourcing. From this week’s video, assess whether ideasourcinggenerates the best innovative ideas for a business or organization. Explain why or why not.
· Suppose that you recently acquired a considerable amount of money and want to invest in some type of business. Determine whether or not you would use crowdsourcing to determine the type of business you invest in. Predict whether the use of crowdsourcing to select your type of business would be disastrous or advantageous, and explain why or why not.