I don’t understand this Software Development question and need help to study.
The project consists of two primary objectives. The first objective is to introduce challenges and corporate obligations for enterprise risk management. Each unit will provide the opportunity to study a variety of risk management topics and issues. The second objective is to enhance your proficiency in successfully completing a scholarly thesis.
You will research and evaluate enterprise security risk management models. Your work must build on existing scholarly and practitioner literature. The thesis project should address:
- The advantages and disadvantages of the risk management models.
- Opportunities to enhance the risk management models.
- The gaps and advances in scholarly research related to your topic.
- Explanations and demonstrations of the rationale for your research.
As you will see throughout this course, the field of computer security and risk management is rapidly changing. In fact, it is changing so quickly that it is difficult for research to keep up. Obviously, this is a dilemma, since it is critical to protecting our networks and data from cyberterrorism, corporate espionage, and other attacks. it is our role to assess and critique existing risk management models. The intent is to comprehend and advance current models to meet the changing needs of the risk management discipline.
In writing the thesis paper, the doctoral degree candidate is essentially investigating an issue, topic, or subject at great length. To find a topic that is academic, arguable, and legitimate, search for topics you have found interesting throughout your academic career, whether in looking at old papers, exams, or even books you appreciate. This will help disclose patterns of your own interest. Directed reading in general is a great way to start for idea generation. Also, when faced with a thesis paper at the graduate level, consider how the paper relates to your career field.
You will produce a scholarly thesis using research analysis. The purpose of the research is to discover answers to questions through the application of systematic procedures. You will further concentrate your research in one of the following industries and perspectives (pick one):
- Health care.
Using one of these industries, introduce the risk management models (ISO and NIST) within your research question(s). You have lots of flexibility on what you may wish to research. Take note that one model is primarily commercial and international. The other is a U.S. government approach and not international. In the end, your assignment is to provide the best risk management solution for the industry you selected. Substantiate your recommendations with scholarly evidence.
The task is to seek areas for expanding and enhancing the current models from the researcher’s perspective. Are other and better models available? How can you prove it, and how do they compare with ISO and NIST guidelines? Each unit in the course introduces a different risk management topic to support your exploration of enterprise risk management. You are tasked with producing these 5 deliverables throughout the course:
- Topic Definition.
- Literature Review.
- Draft and Research Analysis.
- Final Thesis.
Examine the syllabus for additional details and scoring weights.
The project must demonstrate an understanding of the competencies of this course. It must also demonstrate your ability to analyze the literature you selected on the subject for your topic. Throughout this project, you are expected to demonstrate a level of academic writing, critical thinking, and research skills appropriate for doctoral work.
- References: Your reference list must include at least 40 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources. You must use proper APA style to list your references. Refer to the Capella Writing Center’s APA Style and Format page for more information.
- Number of pages: The total number of pages for this project should be at least 15 and not exceed 20 (excluding front-end items, such as the table of contents and executive summary, and references).
- Written communication: Your paper should demonstrate doctoral-level writing and critical thinking skills.
- Formatting: Use APA current edition formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the Capella Writing Center’s APA Style and Format page for more information.
- Scoring: Each component of your paper is assessed with a separate scoring guide. However, you have a final opportunity to submit all sections of your paper for a final score.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Analyze research in information risk management mechanisms.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of information risk management research.
- Evaluate emerging research in information risk management.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the analysis of a project.
- Demonstrate a writing style in which sentences are clear, concise, and direct.
- Provide a well-supported analysis using appropriately formatted references.
- Written communication: Demonstrate doctoral-level writing and critical thinking skills. Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format citations and references according to APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of 40 scholarly resources in your final paper.
- Length of paper: Submit 15–20 pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12 point.