I need help with a Communications question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
This I Believe: This assignment was adapted from a program on NPR called “This I Believe.” ”The world is tearing itself up because of one thing, and that is belief. The idea is that rather than screaming about it, we ought to just listen. . . . It rather idealistically and rather quietly suggests another way to talk to each other.”—Jay Allison, Series Host and Co-Producer.
What’s Their Story? For this assignment, you will “listen” to stories about what others believe. Focus on stories that tie to the course material. That is, the topics should address some aspect of culture or intercultural connections. Before you post your response, you will need to do the following:
- Visit www.thisibelieve.org (Links to an external site.) and search for stories on a theme of interest to you. That is, pick a story that speaks to you
- Choose at least 3/three stories to analyze.
- Listen to each story and take notes.
In your post, you must include:
- Information about the website and its purpose (be brief).
- Give a brief overview of each of the 3 chosen stories for the reader.
- For each story, write 1–2 paragraphs that summarize the author’s core belief and the way this belief has shaped life in the past or present.
Also, answer each of the following questions in your 1-2 paragraph summary of each story:
- How do they establish their own unique voice through each essay? Explain what you got out of the essay/story.
- What did you have in common with the essay/story? What connection do you have to the belief? If you did not have any thing in common or connect with story, explain how you responded emotionally and intellectually to these experiences.
- What experiences have shaped the lives of each? How does each respond, physically or emotionally, to these experiences?
- Include working hyper-links to the essays you used for this assignment.
NOTE: Your essay should:
- have a clear (and brief) introduction, a body and a clear (and brief) conclusion.
- be 1000-1200 words in length.
- incorporate three textbook references from three different chapters. Include a clear in-text reference (Author, page #). Do not include a reference page.
- free from spelling and grammar errors.
- college-level writing