I need support with this Sociology question so I can learn better.
K6 Assignment – Genogram – Part C – Final Reflection
The purposes of this multi-part assignment are to:
- Diagram three-generations of your family;
- Summarize what was learning by creating the diagram;
- Revisit what was learned the the ‘lens’ of various theories covered in the course.
This genogram assignment, comprises three pieces:
- In Week 1 – a genogram diagram,
- In Week 2 – an initial reflection paper, and
- In the next to last week – a final reflection paper.
Genogram – Part C – Final Reflection
In a paper, revisit the assignment through the “lens” of some of the different theories that have been covered in this class.
The paper should include:
- An analysis of your family genogram using one of the theories covered to critically examine the family issues that may affect your professional use of self in practice and your (and/or family members’) social and psychological functioning.
- An explanation of why you chose this theory.
- A discussion of the family patterns or issues you’d like to explore more thoroughly.
- A plan to address these so that they don’t inhibit you effective work with families as a social worker.
- Revisit your self-awareness discussion from your initial reflection and comment on which pieces of that awareness has changed through the course.
Self-awareness can be assessed in terms of your own ethnic self-identification, cultural socialization and accompanying biases, understanding of the values patterns and worldviews of yourself and other culturally diverse populations, especially Hispanic families, etc.
The paper should be
between 2 and 3 double-spaced pages, not including title page or references, and must be in correct APA style and free of grammar and spelling errors.