Writing Survey Items
In this assignment, you will practice writing survey questions.
Using the Internet, research writing survey items.
The only in-depth way to learn about how to write survey questions is to write some. It helps to look at the questions in existing surveys, but often they do not ask what you want to find out. So, you need to write your own questions.
Based on your research and readings for the week, create a 2-page questionnaire in Microsoft Word by completing the following tasks:
- Pick a topic that is different from your final research topic and design your own 10- to 15-item questionnaire for a mail survey. Remember that in a mail survey, you need to be very explicit and clear because the respondent cannot ask for clarification.
- Include the following in your questionnaire:
- One contingency question
- One partially-open question
- One open-ended question
- Five or more quasi-filter questions
- Two to five demographic questions (age, education, race, marital status, and so on)
Using APA format, cite any sources you use appropriately throughout the paper and reference on a separate page.
- Using APA format, cite any sources you use appropriately throughout the paper and reference on a separate page.
- Submit a Microsoft Word Document
- Support reasoning with examples.