Teaching Project Guidelines
- Purpose: The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient utilizing teaching learning principles.
- Objectives: By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
- State the various indications for a specified diet
- Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
- Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
- Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
- Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
The student will be assigned one therapeutic diet from the following list.