I need support with this Art & Design question so I can learn better.
Exploration of Two Culture’s Art
Prebles’ Artforms Chapters 18, 19 and 20
Total points for lesson 6 = 30 points
Written Paper: Comparison of the art of two non-western cultures (20 points)
Length of the paper is 1.5 to 2 pages, double-spaced with font size 11 – 12 point. Be sure to edit, proof-read and correct spelling errors. Organize the content of your paper so it is easy to read. Save as a file and upload onto Blackboard.
In this paper, you compare and contrast the artwork of two non-western cultures from chapter 17, 18, and 19. Read the chapters carefully and select two of the cultures that you would like to compare and contrast in your analysis.
1. Use the visual elements and design principles in your analysis of the artwork. Also include your personal response to the art and share why you chose the two cultures.
2. Include at least one example from each culture from the textbook in your paper and be sure to include the figure number, page number, artist’s name, and title of the work.
3. You may use additional sources if you wish and include them in a listing of your sources at the end of your paper.
4. Select two cultures from the textbook:
- Southeast Asia
- The Islamic World
- Oceania and Australia
- Pre-Columbian, Central and South America
Journal entry 4: Current non-western artist (10 points)
Length of the summary is 100 – 200 words, double-spaced, font size 11 – 12 point. Be sure to edit, proof-read and correct spelling errors.
Use as your sources for this research current magazines, journals, and the Internet to find one current non-western artist. The artist should be working in our own modern era – within the last 25 years.
1. A few suggested art magazines and journals that also have an Internet presence: Art Forum, Artist’s Magazine, Art in America, ARTnews, Smithsonian Art, Southwest Art.
2. Read the material that tells about the artist and their work and look closely at the artwork.
3. Write a summary in which you describe the artist and their work.
4. Your summary should include the source, material from the source, a photograph that is representative of the artist’s work, and your written summary for the non-western artist you have chosen.
5. Include an Internet link to the artist’s website if available.